WASHINGTON STATE WIT RALLY
MAY 14-19, 2019, CASHMERE, WA
“Forever in Blue Jeans”
This year’s rally is packed with new activities in addition to many of the enjoyable traditions. We’ve streamlined parking and registration when you pull in on Tuesday, May 14th, providing the booklet at the gate. Signups and registration are at the Boswell building just inside to the right of the fairground entrance. We’ll have signups there for the carpools, Bean Bag Baseball, Golf, and anything else so you can easily locate the sign-up sheets. Any updates or changes will also be posted there. These activities are based on your feedback! We listened!
- We kick off Tuesday evening with a potluck dinner that includes welcoming all newcomers. Wash-I-Bagos will provide burgers and buns at the potluck. We’ll be assigning potluck items via chapter presidents so we have a good variety.
- Lunches are included in your registration fee from Wednesday through Saturday, and yet your fee is lower this year!
- By popular request, seminars are spaced at least one-half hour apart.
- We’ve left open time for you to explore Cashmere and Leavenworth with organized car pools to select locations on Wednesday afternoon.
- We’re planning on the espresso truck for early morning coffee or snacks through the day
- Socials will be combined with Bean Bag Baseball Friday and Saturday afternoon
- We’ve discovered a not-for-profit liquor license that will allow chapters to auction wine and liquor in their baskets.
- Prize drawings will be held briefly Friday night, with most on Saturday night
- Chapters will again be decorating tables
Favorites and Traditions continue with:
- The wine and beer tasting event is back for Thursday night
- The Golf game is on the Thursday schedule
- The funaddicts are back Friday night
- Ravenous Catering is again serving dinners Friday and Saturday night
- Cashmere High School’s Jazz Band
- Of course we’re playing Bean Bag Baseball. We’ll be combining the games with a social snack bar Friday and Saturday afternoons.
Assignments for the Tuesday night potluck, plan for 160 people. This will be held in the Event Center.
|Columbia River Rollers||Ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise in squeeze bottles|
|Evergreen Winnies||Variety of baked beans|
|Fraser Valley Explorers||Chips in one-serving bags|
|Inland Empire Explorers||Desserts like cupcakes and cookies|
|Peninsula WITs||Lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices|
|Rainier Ramblers||Lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices|
|Sun Catchers||Potato, macaroni salads|
|San Juanderers||Green salads|
|Wash-I-Bagos||Hamburger patties and buns (lunch lady will cook)|
|Wash-I-Bagos||Beer, wine and water|
We’re working on new vendors and seminars.
Registration opens February 1st, the same old way, by sending us a check.
State President, Wash-I-Bagos
Washington State WIT Club